When you deploy a configuration, a screen appears to configure how that occurs.
It has the following fields:
Select Firmware Image
Firmware Image -- The identifier for the image
Description -- The description for the image
Version -- The version for the image
Generate and Save Configuration Only -- Check this if you simply want to configure for later restoration.
Label for Configuration -- Enter a label name, if applicable.
Select Targets for Deployment
Use the Add Equipment or Add Groups buttons to select individual devices or groups of devices (both are possible together). Use Remove All to delete all targets, or use the delete icon in the Action column to delete individual equipment or groups.
The listed targets must still pass the filter set in the editor’s General Parameters.
Restore a single configuration to many target devices
The following steps describe restoring a single configuration to many discovered devices without overwriting those devices’ essential information.
1. Back up a single device’s configuration that is nearest to the kind you would like to see generally.
2. Right-click this backed up file in the File Management portlet, and Promote it so it appears in the Image Repository portlet.
3. Right-click > Edit the promoted configuration in the Image Repository.
4. Name the file, and, if necessary, configure a filter In the General Parameters tab of the editor.
5. In the Configuration tab, locate the parameters you want to preserve in discovered devices when you restore this file. This can include items like the device’s DNS Hostname, IP Address, and so on. Delete the file’s specifics and double-click to insert the Target Params in place of these variables.
6. Save the configuration.
7. Right-click to deploy this configuration.
8. You can check Generate and save for configuration only if you simply want to configure deployment for later, and save for now. You can also optionally name a label for the deployed files.
9. Select the devices, or groups of devices to which you want to deploy.
10. Click Save, Execute or Add Schedule depending on your desired outcome.
11. If you click Execute, you will have to confirm this action.
When Open Manage Network Manager performs the restoration (deploy), it reads the Target Params from those discovered for each device, inserts those in the config file, then restores it, device by device, skipping any that do not pass the filter set up in step 4.