Reset the WMI Counters
At times, the WMI performance counters may not get transferred to WMI because services were delayed or started out of order (see support.microsoft.com/kb/820847).
To manually reset the WMI counters:
1. Stop the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service.
2. Open a shell (Click Start > Run, type cmd, and then click OK).
3. At the command prompt, type winmgmt /resyncperf, and then press [Enter].
4. At the command prompt, type wmiadap.exe /f, and then press [Enter].
5. Type exit, and then press [Enter] to close the command shell.
6. Restart the WMI service.
After resetting the WMI counters, retest WMI. If resetting the WMI counters did not solve your problem, see “WMI is Still Not Working, Now What?” on page 12.