Test #4 - Standby Server Loses Network Connectivity
This demonstrates mediation behavior when the standby server loses network connectivity. Here, we simulate the loss of network connectivity by pulling the network cable from the mediation server while it is actively processing events.
• The standby server should be discarding events until it loses network connectivity.
• The active server should not be affected by the standby server losing connectivity and should deliver all 30,000 events.
• After losing network connectivity, the standby server should switch to an active mode and attempt to deliver any spooled events that it may have.
Actual Results: SUCCESS
• Active Server - The active server delivered all 30000 events.
• Standby Server - The standby server dropped 7100 events, with 700 remaining in batch, before losing network connectivity, and switched to active mode.