Install Redcell Synergy on CentOS 6.2
To install on CentOS 6.2, follow these steps:
1. Create new user by going to System > Administration > Users and Groups > Add User. Only entered username and password, did not change other settings.
2. Disabled Firewall via System > Administration > Firewall.
3. Disabled SELINUX.
4. In System > Administration > Add/Remove Software do the following:
Remove package "The shared libraries required for MySQL clients" = mysql-libs-5.1.52-1.el6_0.1 (x86_64)
Install package "Compatibility standard c++ libraries" = compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-69.el6 (x86_64)
5. Restart CentOS.
6. Create folder /[install root], and chmod 777 the folder.
7. Install Redcell Synergy as described in Installing the Application.
Upon Login, if you see the message “Credentials are needed to access this application," add oware.appserver.ip=[application server IP address] to /oware/synergy/tomcat-XXX/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/class/portal-ext.properties.