Installation package files must not be in the installation destination.
Install in d:\dorado, unzip package in, for example, d:\source or d:\installsrc, not d:\dorado.
Installation logs are in $OWARE_INSTALL_ROOT. Log files are setup.log, app_setup.log, and db_setup.log (this last log does not appear if you install an Oracle database). An empty or missing app_setup.log means no applications were installed. This can result from a truncated owareapps directory name.
Occasional Windows problems include the following:
• Installer fails immediately with error Create Process failed ==> %1 is not a valid Win32 application. The solution is to change value of the %TEMP% environment variable. Change the default value of the %TEMP% environment variable to another existing path, like C:\Temp. Use the Windows System Tools menu to do this.
• The installing user must have write access on directories where the application is installed. Uninstallation must be initiated by the same user who installed the software.
Installation Fails at Database Creation On Windows XP
If Installation fails at the database creation step, and a message like the following appears: OWLoadDatabase, stderr: ERROR 1045: Access denied for user:
Some installations of Windows XP have a default administrator user that does not have full administrator privileges. Create a new user as a member of the administrator group, login as this user, and repeat the installation.
Other Installation Issues
You may see messages like failed to reset password. The following deals with this and other potential problems:
• Make sure you can resolve the host name to the correct IP address
ping -a [IP address] and ping [hostname] and make sure they are in sync.
• Ensure any other of the application’s installation(s) have been completely removed.
• Make sure no other Mysql databases are installed.
• You must be an administrator to install.