When installing from a compressed file, corrupted files can result from an incomplete file copy, or transmission (FTP). One symptom of corruption: the file will not unzip. Corruption can also appear when you copy unzipped installation files from Windows to Unix. These can pick up erroneous line feed characters. Solutions:
• FTP installation files from Windows to Unix
• Copy entire ZIP file
When you create a CD from unzipped package:
• File names can be truncated to eight characters because of the CD’s formatting limitations.
• Setup.log complains about absence of owareapps directory
• Directory name is owareapp (no “s”).
• Win_install.exe will be win_inst.exe
Solution: FTP the zipped package. Use the iso file, and mkisofs utility as the input to the CD-ROM burner.